Renewable Energy Engineer Course Overview
With the UK having to reduce carbon emissions by 50% by 2025, and the world in general continuously making moves towards key topics around sustainable energy policies, the demand for more certified renewable energy specialists is increasing by day to day. By completing this course, you will be trained in three trades skills, electrical, plumbing and renewable energy. Without the first two, the renewable equipment can’t operate successfully, but by learning three different trades skills you’ll have three career
opportunities and potentially three sources of income.
Training for this course has been laid out clearly with the best guidance possible along the way, allowing you to become a fully qualified renewable energy engineer and succeed for a dream employer, or even start your own business. Our courses work around your current circumstances and may be easier than you might think. We have a success rate of over 10,000 people becoming qualified each year. We provide all the knowledge, expertise and guidance you need to succeed and our courses are fully recognised by the industries, with the ability to grant you up to level 3 NVQ qualifications.
Renewable Energy Engineer Qualifications Once Complete
Our courses ensure that you will be fully qualified by the end of them and whereas most training courses only provide the level 2 NVQ, with the need to obtain an apprenticeship to get the level 3 NVQ, we remove the need to find an apprenticeship, reducing your
qualification time by over 30%.
As well as NVQ qualifications, you will receive multiple BPEC qualifications, including:
• BPEC 1999 Water Regulations
• City & Guilds 6035 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
• City & Guilds 6035 Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
• BPEC – Part L Energy Efficiency
• BPEC – Part P Defined Scope Electrical Qualification
• BPEC – Installation, Service and Maintenance of Domestic Unvented Hot Water
• BPEC – Installation and Maintenance of Solar Hot Water Systems
• BPEC – Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems
• BPEC – Certification in Underfloor Heating
• BPEC – Rainwater Harvesting & Grey Water Recycling
Please note that all examinations and assessments are conducted by an accredited external organisation and all BPEC qualifications are delivered through BPEC approved training centres.
Expected Work & Environments
By completing this course, you will be skilled in three different areas of trade, meaning that your working environments will be more varied than most other tradesmen and will cover both domestic and commercial areas.
Your new skills in electrical, plumbing and renewable energy will include:
• Fit, install and maintain bathrooms.
• Complete and self-certify plumbing work in domestic environments only e.g.
bathrooms, kitchens, lighting circuits and wall sockets.
• You can apply to become an MCS Certified Installer.
• Work on multi-powered properties.
• Complete renewable installations from start to finish.
• Work in people’s home or small commercial units providing energy efficient
plumbing and solutions.
Renewable Energy Engineer Salary Expectations
Starting salaries for energy engineers range from £20,000 to £30,000, and with experience, you could earn a salary in the range of £35,000 to £60,000. Salaries can be even higher at the most senior levels within large companies so there is a large opportunity for growth in this industry. The salary you earn can vary depending on your location and the size and nature of your employer so these income figures are intended as a guide only.
The Trades College provide the perfect direction for anyone looking to start a new engineering career and life journey. This change in direction can have a very positive impact on your lifestyle for yourself, others around you and the global environment.
Speak with us about your current circumstances and how you can Become an engineer.